Subscribe via Email and get post sent straight to your inbox!

Friday, July 8, 2011

Scottish Joker IPA

My vacation has come to an end with a visit to the doctor for a diagnosis of a pinched nerve in my butt/leg, and doctors orders for no running for 4-6 weeks.

Awesome, as if going back to work on Monday isn't enough good stuff to look forward to!

So lets try to get back on the happy though train with a review of another good IPA.

This beer was brought to me courtesy of my mother in law, who on her last visit to us brought a mix pack of several very cool beers for us all to enjoy. She lives in NY, so I am not 100% certain this particular beer is available in MA.

Scottish Joker IPA
brewed & bottled in Scotland by
Williams Bros. Brewing
5% ABV

This beer pours a golden straw color, with a thin white head and lots of bubbles.

Smell is mildly yeasty, sweet, with a faint hint of hops that becomes more profound as you drink down the glass and give the aroma more room to collect in the bell of the glass.

Mouthfeel is bubbly- there is lots of carbonation, with a light body.

Taste is yeast and malt, with barely perceptible hops aftertaste and bitterness.

Overall a very mild flavor, more a lighter larger than what we would normally consider an IPA. Noticeably different from American IPA's due to its balance of malt and hops. Very refreshing. I wold buy this beer again (although I didn't actually buy it this time, you get my point).

I give this a solid 3+ rating.

No comments: