Subscribe via Email and get post sent straight to your inbox!

Sunday, August 17, 2014

IPA Month- Why I Am Not Doing It This Year

August typically marks my annual celebration of IPA's here on Man Drinks Beer with "IPA Month".

This is my attempt at preserving summer, denying the approaching cooler weather of fall, and my attempt to fight back against the ever more aggressive and annoying seasonal creep of non-seasonally appropriate fall beers into the summer months.

Honestly, its my favorite month to write this blog. I love IPAs, and IPA Month is my own awesome excuse to indulge in them unapologetically for 30 days

But you'll notice this year that this blog is strangely quiet. That is because at the end of July we welcomed daughter number 3 into the Man Drinks Beer home! She arrived happy and healthy a good month early, with no complications. We are all thrilled.

However, a new baby- combined with my training for the Ashland Half Marathon in October- makes a month long IPA binge impossible.

I thought about asking guest authors to write their own takes on IPAs, but with an infant and 2 other little kids at home it just wasn't possible to arrange. But if anyone wants to guest drink and blog for IPA, I'm all for it, just shoot me an email at mandrinksbeermail@gmail.com.

In the meantime, I hope to be able to post periodically about beer related issues and topics, but the reviews may be scarce until after the race or the baby is sleeping through the night.

I'll see you all in the fall.

Cheers!

Bill aka Man Drinks Beer