Subscribe via Email and get post sent straight to your inbox!

Friday, August 28, 2015

IPA Month continues with Devils Purse Brewing's "Pollock Rip" IPA

I've been a delinquent beer blogger this month.

I've done a decent amount of drinking, but not enough blogging.

I'm going to attempt to rectify that these last few, precious days of IPA Month.

I wrote recently about my appreciation and love for the great craft beer scene that is now happening on Cape Cod. Here's a beer I discovered in the course of researching that post.


Pollock RIP IPA
Devil's Purse Brewing
South Dennis, MA
7% ABV, 68 IBU's

So, about that mason jar, um, well....I was on vacation, the house we rented had them, and, well, it felt like the thing to do. I don't generally condone mason jars as vessels for great beer, but when you're on the Cape, on vacation, well, anything goes!

This beer was packaged in a "crowler", which is a bis ass (32 oz) can of beer. I loved the concept. Felt big and heavy in my hand, no need for a bottle opener.

I popped the top, poured it into my mason jar, and observed.

Pollock IPA pours  a hazy gold, with a fizzy, tight, white head.

Smell is really rather reserved, lightly fruity, with a hint of hops.

Mouthfeel is moderate and nicely carbed.

Taste is fruity and mildly bitter (by most most American  IPA standards). It's crisp and clean with a hoppy bitter finish.

I like this beer very much. It's a very distinctive IPA, very tasty, and not palette wrecking.

I recommend this beer, it's a winner.

I've been impressed with the beers from Devils Purse. My dad bought me these beers, I didn't even know this brewery existed. What a great  beer find. They brew a great Kolsch, and an excellent Citra table beer. if you have the chance, do yourself a favor and check out Devils Purse Brewing.

Cheers!

No comments: