Subscribe via Email and get post sent straight to your inbox!

Monday, April 25, 2016

ManDrinksBeer Turns 5!

It all started 5 years ago with this short little post.

I started this blog for two reasons:

  1. To learn about developing web content and driving traffic to it. I thought this would help me with my job in retail marketing/advertising. (It didn't. Mostly because I ended up drinking a lot of great beer, and the "content" often ended up as drunken typo filled reviews of beers that I thought were great.)                                      
  2. To give me an excuse to buy new beers. (This was a rousing success!)
I also thought that maybe I could educate people about craft beer. 

Turns out I didn't know nearly as much as I thought I did. 

In these past 5 years I have learned far, far more than I've "taught". For this I am grateful. 

And I've met some truly wonderful people in the craft beer world- brewers, bloggers, bottle shop owners, other craft beer fans. "Craft beer people" are some on the nicest, kindest, friendliest people I've ever meet. For this I am also grateful.

The glass I bought on the day Jacks Abby opened in 2011
I've seen the number of local breweries positively explode. 

I remember walking into the brand new Jack's Abby brewery on Morton Street in Framingham on the day it opened in 2011.  There were two beers on tap, and Hoponius Union was NOT one of them. You could only get a sample. I recall it was Red Tape Lager and Saxony Pilsner.  I liked them both. I bought a pint glass, which I still have.

Today, a mere 5 years later, Jack's Abby has a huge, beautiful new space on Clinton Street, with 24 beautiful, full size beers on tap. And a restaurant. I go there often, and I love it.

Recently we've made some long overdue changes here at ManDrinksBeer, finally trying to spruce up the site a bit. I hope you like it. Let me know what you think.  

Thank you for reading. Here's to the next 5 years!

Cheers!

Bill 
aka ManDrinksBeer

No comments: