Subscribe via Email and get post sent straight to your inbox!

Sunday, January 29, 2017

IPA Free 2017- January Update- Still IPA Free!

I am happy to report that I am still IPA Free as of January 29, 2017!

I am less happy to report that I am also suddenly, unexpectedly unemployed. Yup, I got laid off a little over a week ago, along with several of my co-workers. It was not expected, I was a bit surprised, but I'm moving on!

So, what have I been drinking if I haven't been drinking IPA's? The answer is... a lot of stuff.

Jack's Abby's House Lager has made a triumphant return to the rotation, and we are very happy about that. The day I got laid off, I was given the ax just before lunch, so I headed straight to Jack's Abby for lunch and a Framinghammer Baltic Porter (OK, so it was two, c'mon, I just lost my job!)

Nightshift Brewings great coffee porter, Awake, has made several appearance's in my fridge.

And to the joy of craft beer lovers in Metrowest, another brewery received their full pour permit and began serving full pours last week, so of course I had to be at Start Line Brewing's ribbon cutting ceremony last Thursday! In my glass is their excellent hazelnut coffee stout, which was of course followed by the great Homestretch Chocolate Stout.

So to sum up, 2017 sucks so far, but I am still IPA free. I am enjoying the heavier, darker beers, which of course are perfect for the season and weather.

How is your 2017 going?


1 comment:

phil said...

Wish your mouth was cavity free