Subscribe via Email and get post sent straight to your inbox!

Friday, March 31, 2017

"IPA Free 2017" Update- It's March, Still IPA Free!

My quest to go "IPA Free" for 2017 has successfully progressed through March!

Sure, the unseasonably great weather has made this a major challenge, I mean, who doesn't love an IPA on a bright sunny day (even it is, say FEBRUARY)? And we've had quite a few recently. But I made it through.

The secret to my success? Pale Ales, Pilsners and Stouts. There are a lot of them around right how, and they are a great alternative. Add the recent, wonderful addition of New Belgium Brewing to Massachusetts, and there is a bounty of great, Non-IPA options to meet your beer drinking needs.

Here's some of what I was drinking in February:

Mo' Pils
Castle Island Brewing
4.7% ABV

I finally got around to visiting the new brewery in my old hometown, and boy am I glad I did. Even if I did lock my keys in my car. No full pours yet, but the samples were all top notch, and this pilsner is excellent. I nearly drank the 4 pack while waiting for Triple A in the parking lot. But they got there too fast, I didn't even have time to open one. Good stuff happening in Norwood folks, get on down there.



Voodoo Ranger 8 Hop Pale Ale
New Belgium Brewing
5.5% ABV

My first ever New Belgium beer, and it will not be my last. I loved this beer, great citrusy hop flavor, almost an IPA, but no bitterness. Can't wait to try more from New Belgium.

Saxony Lager
Jack's Abby
5% ABV

The crew over there in Framingham simply does not make a bad beer. The overall quality and consistency of their entire portfolio is insane. Saxony Lager is no exception. Light, uber flavorful, low abv, its just a superb beer.

So yes, I am still "IPA FREE" for 2017. No regrets at all.

Cheers!






No comments: