Subscribe via Email and get post sent straight to your inbox!

Thursday, April 20, 2017

New Brewery Alert- CraftRoots Brewing in Milford, MA

 CraftRoots Brewing opened in Milford in March.

We now have another great brewery for the amazing craft beer scene we have here in Massachusetts. Founded by Brewer Maureen Fabry, CraftRoots is "passionate about connecting craft beer back to local agriculture and crafting superfresh community-inspired brews" (this is taken straight from their web site).

I tried stopping by on opening day, but the line was very long and I was sorta pressed for time, so I had to bail. Turns out the long lines were very much justified, as I learned when I stopped in just after opening on the Sunday right after opening day. 

CraftRoots Brewing "Dry Irish Stout"
As it was nearing St Patrick's Day, I (of course) started with the Dry Irish Stout. 

Served on Nitro, this beer was excellent! Smooth, roasty malts, with hints of cocoa. I may have had another, and I may have taken two squealers home. After all, it was almost St Patrick's Day.

After the stout, I moved onto the Pale Ale. There were two versions available, one with Apricots, and one straight up. So of course I had both. 

The regular Pale was great, the apricot was as well, but the apricot was very, very mild, so much so that it almost got lost. Still a great brew, but not much apricot comes through, and as this was a one time brew, don't expect it on tap should you visit.
CraftRoots "Blonde" Ale

Next I moved onto the Blonde, which was excellent. 

There were a variety of IPA's on tap as well, but.... as I'm still trying to go "IPA Free for 2017" I had to pass on them. 

I'm betting they are excellent, judging by the crowds, people were really enjoying the beers. From my seat at the bar, I heard a lot of IPA's being ordered by the same folks over and over, and I spoke to a few folks who spoke very highly of the IPA's.  

So do yourself a favor and head on over to CraftRoots Brewing in Milford. Tell 'em Bill sent you! (I'm kidding, they'll just look at you funny. But do go and enjoy some great beers!)

CraftRoots "Pale Ale "
CraftRoots Brewing
4 Industrial Road, 
Milford, MA 01757

Hours of Operation:

Wednesday - 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Thursday - 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday - 12:00pm - 10:00pm *
Sunday - 12:00pm - 6:00pm

* Brewery Tours will be held on Saturdays at 1:00pm

Cheers! MDB



1 comment:

Allison said...

The Stout is definitely worth the drive! :)